Wickedfood Earth is a working farm that receives no taxpayer money via government grants or subsidies. We, like so many small-scale ethical farmers, stay in business through your generous support, be it through our on-line shop, themed sunday lunches or specialised events. Thank you for your ongoing belief in what we are striving to achieve.
When we were starting out, a friend of ours suggested we read You Can Farm by Joel Salatin. His writings have been an inspiration to us ever since, and we have incorporated many of his teachings into our operation. For a quick overview of what he stands, for click here to watch a short video.
Our Meat Box dropoff at Wickedfood Cooking School in Sunninghill is enjoying great success, thanks for all the support. Next drop-off is on Saturday 8 August for collection between 9 and 12. Please get your order in early to avoid disappointment – orders close at COB on Wednesday 5 August. Alternatively, you can pick up at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort at a convenient time for you. See below for details, or click here to receive an order form.
On Sunday 23 August we are hosting the next of our Wickedfood Earth Farm Country lunches – a themed Middle Eastern feast built around our ethically raised indigenous veld-raised Pedi sheep, see below for more details.
Meat box – (Total value – R590, you pay R490):
Each month Wickedfood Earth farm puts together a selection of fresh and artisanly cured meat products, a selection of truly unique meats from ethically raised animals . We flash freeze and vacuum seal all our meat to lock in freshness at its peak. A work of art, a labour of love! – see below for details, or click here to receive an order form.
- 1 x true free-range chicken- ± 1kg per pack – see recipe;
- 1 x 2 pork chops – great for a quick simple meal;
- 2 x 500g sausage – venison boerewors, spicy pork (chourizo);
- 1 x 300g thin breakfast (chicken/tomato);
- 1 x 500g venison mince;
- 1 x 2kg pork soup boners, perfect to make your own nutritious broth;
- 1 x 250g pure pork lard, for perfect banting frying;
- 1x traditional hot smoked belly bacon;
- 1 x 100g coppa (cured pork neck);
- 1 x pack droewors.
For those who want to make up their own order, we also offer the opportunity of making up a custom order from our list of available products, which we will also drop off on Saturday 8 August to Wickedfood Cooking School in Sunninghill.
Sunday 23 August at 12:00 – Flavours of lamb from the Middle Eastern kitchen. We prepare a scrumptious multi-course Sunday banquette, using the very best local, seasonal ingredients, built around our indigenous Pedi sheep. Space for this very special exclusive event is limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. More …
At Wickedfood we work together with our clients to develop specialised events to suit both the occasion and their budgets. Whether it’s a romantic picnic, kitchen tea, milestone birthday, team building event, corporate function or product launch, over the last 15 years, we have been tailor-making food-related functions for our clients. These include:
- Mystery basket cook-offs – we supply each team with the same mystery basket of meat/chicken, seasonal fruit and vegetables. Each team works together to come up with a menu and prepare it, with the help of our staff and a selection of related recipes. At the end of cooking, participants get to enjoy the meal they have cooked together. (Click here to see how much fun these classes are);
- Themed feasts – from suckling pig, lamb or chickens on a spitbraai, to Middle Eastern banquets, themed gourmet sit-down dinners with wine or craft-beer pairing or picnics in our unique indigenous forest – from cocktail snacks to lavish 5-coures events – (Click here to read about a past feast);
- Hands on workshops – from bread, cheese, beer and sausage making to butchery and sustainable food gardening, even workshops to teach your staff how to eat healthily and therefore become more productive in the workplace. Wickedfood Earth is a working farm where we practise natural farming methods along organic principles. We are able to offer farm tours from 30 minutes to two hours (which would include an in-depth discussion on ethically raised animals and food security). (Click here for a photo gallery of some of our past classes).
It is through these events that we raise funds for the on-going research and our education programmes. For more information on our extensive corporate, group and individual programmes click here ….
For more information contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com