Well the end of the year is once again upon us. Thanks to all of you who supported us during the year, whether it was a cooking workshop, team-building cooking class, one of our feasts, or purchasing product from our online shop, it is through your ongoing generous support that we are able to continue to do our research and training, and survive as a small-scale farmer.
Between now and the end of the year we still have a lot on offer, including:
- Before Thursday 3 December – Xmas Hams orders for collection on Saturday 19 December. More….
- Saturday 5 December – Wickedfood Earth Farm will have a stall at the Banting market at Botanical Gardens, Pretoria. And for our Johannesburg clients, we have pre-order product collection at Wickedfood Sunninghill – click here to order;
- Saturday 12 December – Christmas Biscuit Making Workshop – a one-day hands-on biscuit-making workshop, where we will teach you the finer arts of how to make 4 classic German Christmas biscuits More….;
- Saturday 19 December Xmas Deli and mezze brunch – a mezze brunch platter of our cured meats and other goodies produced on the farm More…..;
- Sunday 20th December – Cooking for Christmas Workshop; – we guide you through a number of delicious dishes that you can make ahead of time, including how to de-bone a chicken, prepare two very different hams, and 2 delicious desserts More…...
At Wickedfood Earth Farm, we produce two very different hams for Christmas. (Pre-ordering before Thursday 3 December essential for collection on Saturday 19 December – click here to order):
- Brined green ham (gammon) – A pork leg that has been cured in a brine solution and sometimes cold smoked. This ham first needs to be boiled, before it is brushed with a glaze and then roasted in the oven. Our brined uncooked hams are between 3,5 and 6kg each, at R140/kg;
- Hot smoked cured ham – Cured in a brine, as above, and then hot smoked. They are already cooked, and are delicious served cold, with either a mustard sauce, sweet pickle or marjoram salsa. These hot smoked hams are between ±2,4kg and ±4,5kg, at R150/kg.
Orders for our delicious pork and other farm made products are now open for collection at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, or Pretoria Botanical Gardens on 5 December. We offer a wide variety of produce grown and produced at Wickedfood Earth including delicious fresh and cured meats and a wide selection of bottled fruit, jams, preserves and relishes. This week’s specials include:
- 13kg 1/2 pigs, butchered, processed and packaged at R845, at R65/kg, a real bargain. Packaging as follows (Pre-ordering before Thursday 3 December essential for collection on Saturday 19 December – click here to order):
- Shoulder cuts (±4kg):
- Mid-section (±3kg):
- Loin ±2kg – roast , or Loin chops (± 12 x 2 per pack);
- Belly ±1kg – whole
- Leg (±6kg):
- Roast (±3,5kg), fresh;
- 5 x 500g packs of Sausage or mince/stir-fry.
- Bones, hocks and trotters (±2,5kg) – soup/stew bones, hocks and trotters.
- Bottled preserves – We have harvested our apricots, plums and first season peaches, and turned them into a variety of delicious jams, preserves and relishes, including:
- Whole peaches and apricot halves in syrup;
- Plum, peaches and apricot compote, delicious with cream or ice-cream;
- Curried peaches, add a new layer of flavour to chicken mayo or pork roast;
- Plum jam, and spicy plum sauce;
- Garlic – This season’s garlic is now fully matured and dry, order now and it will keep for at least 4 months.
- Saturday 12 December – Christmas Biscuit Making Workshop. Home-made Christmas biscuits make the ideal gift, especially when packaged in decorative boxes, or antique tins. Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is running a one-day hands-on biscuit-making workshop on Saturday 12 December from 9:00am, teaching the finer arts of how to make 4 classic German Christmas biscuits. Not only will you get to bake these four biscuits, but you will get to take home around 200 biscuits, 50 of each kind. More….
- Sunday 20th December – Cooking for Christmas Workshop. Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School will guide you through a number of delicious dishes that you can make ahead of time, thus releasing you from the kitchen to enjoy the celebrations with the rest of the family and friends. Dishes that will be covered in this cooking workshop include de-boned stuffed chicken, The perfectly cooked Christmas hams and sauces, Tomato and basil tart, and two very different Xmas desserts. More…..
Saturday 19 December – We will be offering a mezze brunch platter of our cured meats and other goodies produced on the farm, on the day at R150pp, bookings essential (contact Cilla 076 236-2345, email@example.com). Take a drive out into the country and collect hams (must be pre-ordered – click here) and other goodies from Wickedfood Earth Farm. We will be cutting our cured meats to order, great for Xmas cold meat platters – coppa, pancetta, cured venison carpaccio and salami, and some great other specials. Other farmers will also be selling produce.
Hope to see you at one of the above events before the end of the year. For all those lucky enough to be going away for Xmas we wish you a safe journey and relaxing break. And to all of you we wish you a blessed, safe Xmas break.
For more information contact:
Mike on 060 761 0885, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cilla 076 236-2345, email@example.com