Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School has had a great start to the year, including a fantastic bridal shower where we taught the ladies the principles of Palio cooking and two great Valentines events – click here for some pictures.
Our first pop-up deli day was also well supported. For the market we had our usual sausage and cold meats, as well as some lamb and mutton for sale. For our on-line orders to Wickedfood Sunninghill we have put together some delicious meat packages including a braai pack and breakfast pack.
We have started harvesting our vegetables and are making our popular tomato and aubergine pasta sauce (also delicious as a dip with good bread, a side dish with fish, or a base for a quick mince sauce). Quinces are coming into season and we will once again bottling them in a sweet red wine syrup. Other products we are bottling include our hot chili sauce and pomegranate molasses.
For the remainder of March we have a lot on offer:
- Produce box drop-off on Saturday 27 February – for pre-orders collection at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill;
- Pop-up Deli on Saturday 12 March – produce from Wickedfood Earth Farm, and other small-scale ethical farmers in the area, as well as light meals;
- Sunday 20 March at 9:30am - Sustainable living – Planning and planting a winter garden workshop Become more sustainable, learn the secrets of how to establish a winter vegetable garden, compost making, seasonal crops and crop rotation. Included is a delicious 3-course lunch. (R650pp, No children under 16) More ….
- Sunday 27 March from 10:30am - Easter Egg Hunt Picnic. Wickedfood Earth Farm has over 20 hectares of indigenous forest. Within the forest we have some beautiful forest walks and laid-out picnic areas that can accommodate from 4-12 people. Spend the day in your own picnic area where we will lay out a small Easter egg hunt for the children (5 small chocolate eggs per child) around your picnic area. We will supply a set table, including cutlery, and a picnic hamper of tasty farm made products including a selection of dips, patés, bread, smoked free-range chicken, salads and dessert. R250pp, including 5 small chocolate eggs per child, minimum charge for 4 people per picnic site. More ….
- Monday 28 March 10:00 – Flavours of the North African kitchen Cooking Workshop. A hands-on cooking class at our Country Cooking School. Learn about the exotic spices that make up the spicy flavours of the ancient cuisine of North Africa. Together we prepare a spicy North African banquet of unusual salads, meaty tagines, couscous and sweet pastries. After cooking together for the morning we sit down and enjoy the banquet we have prepared. R495pp, No children under 16. More …
Orders for our delicious pork and other farm-made products are now open for collection at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, this Saturday 27 February or collection at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort by prior arrangement. Please get your order in early to avoid disappointment – orders close at COB on Thursday 25 February. Specials include:
- Pork braai pack – 2 pork chops, 500g Italian style pork sausage, 1 bottle BBQ sauce @ R110;
- Breakfast pack – 2 x 200g belly bacon, 2 x 200g Loin bacon, 2 x breakfast sausage @ R195;
- Cold meat Lunch pack – 200g Sliced ham, 100g coppa, 500g pulled pork, 1 bottle Curried peach relish @ R160;
- Pork Chops – 2 per pack @ R40
- Pork Sausage – 300g thin Breakfast sausage @ R30, 500g Italian style and hot Chorizo @ R50;
- Sliced ham – Great for cold meat platters, lunch boxes or with salad – 200g @ R40;
- Pulled pork – Ready cooked, enough for 6 generous rolls 500g @ R60;
- Bacon – Hot smoked belly and loin 200g @ R40
- Preserves – a wide selection of jams, chutney, sauces.
For more information as well as a orders,click here….
Brunch – We will be offering a limited menu for those who want to stop for a light meal after shopping. The menu will include:
- Pulled pork breakfast roll with or without a poached egg;
- Carrot cake with tea or coffee.
For more information on who will be selling what, click here ….
Support local ethical small-scale farmers
Thanks once again for your ongoing support, by reading our newsletter, coming to events, and buying our products. By supporting us and our surrounding small-scale farmers, you are supporting a vital segment of the agricultural industry, a segment that is always forgotten – passionate, ethical, farmers and artisanal producers. We receive no government support, incentives, or drought relief. We rely solely on your generous support to continue following our passion of producing food following the Slow Food ethos of good, clean and fair.
For more information contact: