Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School
For more information, or to book:
Contact Cilla on (079) 435-9298 or email@example.com
Click here for our Johannesburg cooking school,
Real country cooking classes. We run evening, half-day, one-day, and week-end cooking classes and food skills workshops (Click here to see how much fun these classes are).
2017 programme - click here
What we are able to offer
- Country Cooking Classes - from how to use different cuts of meat and seasonal local ingredients to establishing your own food gardens, and kitchen confidence. To ensure that every student gets the maximum from our cooking classes, participation is limited to a maximum of 16 students, each 3 to 6 students have their own fully-equipped cooking station. The programme for our one-day cooking classes is as follows:
- 9:30am – Tea, coffee and home-made cake on arrival;
- 10:00am – A tour of the vegetable gardens to pick vegetables for accompaniments to the meal;
- A practical demonstration on how to prepare the main ingredient (we will also have a limited amount of produce for sale to take home);
- Prepare accompaniments to the meal;
- Sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared, which will include;
- A starter;
- Main, including meat, 3 vegetables, sauces and a salad;
- Food skills workshops - Not only will you learn specialist skills, but you also get to take home the fruits of your labour. Cooking courses range from basic butchering, sausage making and charcuterie, to bread baking, cheese making, preserving, and a lot more. As these are in-depth hands-on cooking classes, we limit participation to a maximum of 16 students. As the subject matter for these workshops will vary, a detailed programme will be published for each workshop.
- A morning in the Kitchen – On selected Sundays and Public Holidays Wickedfood Earth Farm prepares a 4-course Sunday Roast like Grandma used to do, with all the trimmings using the very best local, seasonal ingredients. Each Sunday’s meal is built around a theme, be it a national cuisine or a seasonal ingredient. Spend an extra 3 hours, prior to the lunch, from ±9am, in the kitchen with Wickedfood Earth Farm staff, asking questions, tasting and participating, while our team prepares the meal – limited to a maximum of 6 for a real hands-on working kitchen experiance.
Our vegetable gardens are planted with a wide variety of naturally grown produce, 6 different tomatoes, 3 types of tomatillos, 8 chilli varietals, 5 varieties of eggplant, 3 different sweet potatoes, artichokes, fennel, cabbage, beetroot, okra the list goes on. Apart from our vegetable gardens, we also have an extensive fruit and berry orchard, and a wide variety of our own free-range, growth hormone and anti-biotic free meat-producing animals including pigs, indigenous sheep and cattle (who provide us with our own raw milk). This is the heart of our country cooking school. It is this meat, fruit and vegetables, that form the core of our country cooking classes. Not only do students cook with this amazing produce, but they have a chance to see how easy they are to grow, and take fresh produce home with them after the classes. We also have a limited amount of free-range pork and lamb, as well as a wide variety of pickles, sauces, chutneys available for sale at the classes.
Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
General terms and conditions
What to bring
Foor our cooking classes at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School we supply all ingredients, aprons and extensive notes. At the end of the cooking class, students are invited to sit down and enjoy the food that they have prepared at the cooking school, an ideal way of interacting with each other. As these are hands-on cooking classes, we suggest that participants come comfortably dressed, preferably with flat closed gym shoes, jeans and a t-shirt. For drinks, we supply limited tea, coffee and soft drinks. You are welcome to bring your own wine. No children under 16.
By booking for a cooking class at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School it is understood that these terms and conditions are understood and accepted (as all of our cooking classes are hands-on, our knives are sharp and we cook with gas, we need to ensure that all participants at the cooking school are in full control of their actions at all times):
- All cooking school participants are asked to refrain from consuming alcohol prior to the class, or bringing drinks in to our premises, apart from their own wine and beers to consume with their meal, if desired.
- Due to the nature of our cooking classes, spirits are not allowed to be consumed on the premises.
- The object of the cooking school is to teach cooking skills in a fun environment. We are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly as this inevitably leads to a breakdown of the cooking class creating an unpleasant environment for the rest of the group.
- Any participants disregarding these terms and conditions, will be asked to terminate their participation in the cooking class immediately, and may be removed from the premises if necessary. We will not consider any refunds. You will also be held liable for costs arising from any damages caused to property and equipment.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School , and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. of Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School.
To confirm your booking at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School , we need full payment, either:
- through direct transfer - Bank details are as follows: please quote your reference number or name on payments and e-mail email@example.com or sms (079 435-9298 ) proof of payment back to us. Account: Wickedfood Distributors: Standard Bank, Branch: Fourways Crossing code 51001, Acc. Number: 023 396 067
- by credit card – please supply credit card number, cvc number (last 3 digits on signature strip), expiry date, and name of person on credit card).
Should we not receive payment or credit card details within 24 hours of your booking at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School , we shall assume you have changed your mind and your booking for the cooking class will lapse. Please note that you are liable for the full cost of the cooking class if you cancel within 7 working days of the cooking class or do not show (you may however send a friend in your place, please advise name change). We reserve the right to cancel cooking classes should we not receive the minimum number of 4 participants 24 hours prior to the cooking class commencing (we will however keep you posted should bookings be slow). In this event you will receive the option of a full refund immediately, or a credit for another cooking class of your choice. Cooking class content may change from time to time.
Click here for our Johannesburg cooking school,