Wickedfood Earth 2017 Charcuterie Workshops
Wickedfood Earth Farm has become synonymous with free-range pork and top quality charcuterie, including our range of sausage, coppa, pancetta, bacon and ham. At our country cooking school we offer hands-on charcuterie workshops where we share the knowledge we have accumulated over the years on processing pork and other meats. Included in the price is coffee and tea on arrival, the in-depth hands-on workshop, lunch, and a selection of our products to take home with you to enjoy with friends. The 2017 Gauteng charcuterie courses over this winter curing season will be as follows:
Sunday 14th May – Whole Muscle Curing Workshop including how to break down a pig for charcuterie from 9:30am. (R990pp). Techniques covered include:
- Hands-on demonstration of how to break down a pig carcass and the different charcuterie cuts;
- Different cures for coppa, pancetta, bacon, ham, and
- Hands-on demonstration on how to prepare, apply cure and age the different cuts of meat.
- The secrets of hot smoking at home.
Sunday 4th June – Introduction to sausage making Workshop from 9:30am. (R990pp). Techniques covered include:
- The basics of making the perfect pork sausage and boerewors, and the difference between them;
- How spices work and different blends for different types of sausage;
- Making 4 classic sausages – our classic boerewors, breakfast pork, Italian style and chourizo.
Sunday 2nd July – Salami and dried Sausage Workshop 9:30am. (R990pp – participants need to have a good working knowledge of the basics of sausage making before attending this workshop). Techniques covered include:
- The basics of making the perfect meat and spice mix for droewors, cabanossi and classic pork salami, and the difference between them;
- How spices and preservatives work, and different blends for different types of dry sausage and salami;
- Making 3 classic dry sausages – classic South African droewors, cabanossi and salami.
Sunday 13h August – Advanced salami and dried Sausage Workshop 9:30am. (R1 200pp – participants need to have a good working knowledge of the basics of salami making before attending this workshop). Techniques covered include:
- Advanced dried sausage/salami making from hand crafted mini salamis to lamb, mixed meats and large chunk salamis, as well as other dried sausages including Spanish chourizo;
- Advanced spicing and preservatives;
- Making various dry sausages and the secrets of complex stuffing techniques.
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School runs evening, half-day, one-day, and week-end classes and food workshops. Every student gets to participate in the preparation of every dish, and sit down to enjoy the meal they have prepared at the end of the class. Classes are limited to a maximum of 32 students, each 8 students has his/her own fully-equipped kitchen station.
(Terms and conditions apply)