The venison we are using at present is blesbuck, harvested from Wickedfood Earth farm. Apart from the cuts below, we are also able to supply venison racks, stew packs and legs for roasts on special order. We flash freeze and vacuum seal all our meat to lock in freshness at its peak. Click here for some of our great venison recipes.
- Chops – Packed in 2. Rub with some coarse salt just prior to cooking, and pan fry in lots of butter, bacon fat or wrapped in pancetta, taking care not to overcook, or braai.
- De-boned Loin – ±400g, wrapped in our thinly sliced pancetta. To cook:
- Pan-fry in butter or bacon fat, over a medium heat. remove from the pan, and allow to rest for ±10 minutes.
- De-glaze the pan with ±125ml red wine or sherry. Burn off the alcohol.
- Add 1T whole-grain mustard and 250ml cream. Bring to a boil.
- Slice the loin and return to the pan just to heat through. Serve immediately.
- Mince – 500g, very lean, so we added 10% pork fat. Great for burgers.
- Boerewors - delicious, cooked over a medium fire, or under a medium grill. Again do not overcook, allow to stay a little pink inside, overcooking has a tendency to dry the sausage out.
- Cured Carpaccio – dry-cured venison, sliced and vacuum packed in 50g portions, delicious with a drizzle of good quality olive oil;
- Droewors and Biltong (vacuum packed in ±150g) – Made to our grandma’s recipe, preservative free, with a delicate blend of spices.